Week 10 Assignment, Part 2

For Part 2 of this week's assignment, I had the answers to the question at hand readily available. I use categories quite regularly with my  current hobby blog. I tailored them more specifically to this assignment as the past assignments have had me focus not only on the social media aspects of my business, but on actually creating a business plan. Have a read and tell me what you think?

The business I am planning will incorporate many areas of the motorcycle industry. The first category I will organize my company blog with will be events. I see several similar companies incorporate events promotion into their business culture. Mostly the events are local races instead of club or nationally sanctioned races. Most of these events are decidedly geared towards the fun of riding motorcycles and this is what I want to do as well. My event motto will be something like "racers having some serious fun" or "seriously fun racing". A good majority of my event related posts will be to promote upcoming events and recaps of past events. Pictures will be a huge part of this as well as videos of all of the action. Producing good quality videos will help expand the blog platform and allow me to exploit other media like YouTube and Instagram.

The next category of post organization will be bike projects. I have to admit that mostly what I want to do with my future business is to get paid to play around in the shop building motorcycles. I don't really want to be all that involved with customers, but realize that in order to build bikes I have to make money somehow. The bike projects will have two sub-categories: long terms projects and fabrication techniques. I imagine that I will have a series of posts on one or several long term garage projects. I can detail, on a weekly schedule, the progress of the project until the eventual completion. I could tie the projects into the aforementioned events, as in building a new bike for an upcoming race. The second sub-category will be a spin-off of the first. During the course of a project, I'll will assuredly encounter times when I'll have to use some type of innovation to solve a mechanical problem. I could post under the sub-category of fabrication techniques to show how I solved the particular problem. This would let me educate others in mechanical tricks that I find useful.

The last major category that my blog posts will concentrate on is riding gear. Another big passion of mine when it comes to the motorcycle hobby is proper riding gear. I have posted to the class blog at length about this many times. As a way of bringing income to my future business I will sell higher end protective gear and maybe even custom gear that is both fashionable and protective. This is a way to encourage people to wear good gear and hopefully install good riding habits. The types of posts I imagine this category will have will be new products, product sales, crash testing videos and case studies of customers that crashed in the gear I sell, but came away safe because of the gear.

Well there you have the second part of this weeks assignment. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.

Student blogs that I commented on for the class this week are:
Chade Montgomery's Blog
Katheryn Orcino's Blog
Taylor Bantle's Blog

Comments

Popular Posts