Week 7 Assignment, Part 2
Exploring the world of my business Facebook page has been enlightening. It has taken me to parts of Facebook that I had previously dared not go. Usually when I add posts to my blog's Facebook page, I just post a link to my blog after I've created the blog post. I post to the blog weekly, mainly because it is easy for me based on my life and work schedule. Getting to know the more advanced publishing tools has been interesting. Here are the posts I have scheduled for the month of October:
Since the assignment specifically said to "be dynamic with a variety of content, mix it up" I chose a normal post, an event post and a poll to give me some new tools to use.
I chose a normal post because I am used to doing them. The are easy, I add a relevant picture and I can put a link to my blog which is the main reason I use Facebook. The blog I write is the epicenter of my future business empire and therefore Facebook is one of the ways to get people to connect with it.
I chose an event post. This one is a call for my fans to come out and join me for some motorcycle fun. By doing this, I will connect with people interested in my business face-to-face. That can't be bad for getting to know my customers.
The last post I planned is one I've never done before. I chose to do a poll to try to get some immediate feedback on my Facebook page. This post is all about the engagement with my Facebook fans. I was able to add some interesting GIFs to it as well for a little visual pop. This should at least let me gage how many of my followers are paying attention to what I put out. I scheduled it to post after the other two posts so that the followers have something to comment on.
I like having this page as a test bed for trying out some new things. Hopefully my plans work out, we shall see! As always, I'd love to get your reaction to the Facebook page and class blog. Thanks!
Since the assignment specifically said to "be dynamic with a variety of content, mix it up" I chose a normal post, an event post and a poll to give me some new tools to use.
I chose a normal post because I am used to doing them. The are easy, I add a relevant picture and I can put a link to my blog which is the main reason I use Facebook. The blog I write is the epicenter of my future business empire and therefore Facebook is one of the ways to get people to connect with it.
I chose an event post. This one is a call for my fans to come out and join me for some motorcycle fun. By doing this, I will connect with people interested in my business face-to-face. That can't be bad for getting to know my customers.
The last post I planned is one I've never done before. I chose to do a poll to try to get some immediate feedback on my Facebook page. This post is all about the engagement with my Facebook fans. I was able to add some interesting GIFs to it as well for a little visual pop. This should at least let me gage how many of my followers are paying attention to what I put out. I scheduled it to post after the other two posts so that the followers have something to comment on.
I like having this page as a test bed for trying out some new things. Hopefully my plans work out, we shall see! As always, I'd love to get your reaction to the Facebook page and class blog. Thanks!


Comments
Post a Comment